Our community is growing and WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We have come a long way from the very first meeting hosted by co-founders Charlene Gaffney and Dee Vickers in December 2013. We had a total of six LMTs from the Memphis area attend that first networking event. Now, our events have grown to expect anywhere from 15-30 practitioners, all with a desire to reach out and connect with fellow professionals in our field and make an impact of the practice of massage and bodywork in the community.
We have had a spa party and several educational events that offered FREE continuing education. We have turned the SPOTLIGHT on some of this cities finest practitioners. We have organized and offered volunteer massage events for the Church Health Center, Habitat for Humanity, and Youth Villages and have had many networking dinners at various locations around our city. We recently had a TMTA administrator attend one of our meetings and comment on how impressed she is that West Tennessee is finally coming together as a healing arts community. The practitioners in the Eastern part of our state have been doing this for YEARS!
We have accomplished ALL OF THIS simply with the help of fellow professionals willing to volunteer their time to our cause. We’ve done it with NO FUNDING and WITHOUT CHARGING for events.
The mission of the MMP Organization is as follows…
- Promote massage therapy as a complementary and alternative health care practice
- Exchange knowledge and information concerning the practice of massage therapy
- Support, respect, and encourage all backgrounds and practices of licensed massage therapy
- Increase the awareness of the benefits of massage to all citizens
Meet and exceed public expectations of therapeutic massage sessions
So how can you help? Here are a few ideas to get you started. But please, don’t limit yourself to these!
- Forward this email to any LMTs that you know that would like to sign up to receive our posts. Just go to the home page, enter your email address, and click JOIN NOW. Then, go to you email and click on the confirmation link. VOILA, you are connected!
- Host an event and show off your facility, team, and specialties.
- Give a demonstration of a related healing arts practice.
- Teach us something! Yoga, thai chi, self-defense….teach us an intro on a modality you practice…
- Organize a volunteer massage event for our group.
- Send us a photo and a bio so we can SPOTLIGHT you on our page!
We will help you in any way possible. Marketing, promotions, set up/clean up, etc…
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested and want more information!
Thank you for being a unique member of our Memphis Massage community. We hope you are as excited as we are about the future of our profession in this city.